How to Make Perfect Pancakes
Serve up the most perfect pancakes and impress your guests this Pancake Day.
Spoil your guests this Pancake Day with these perfect pancakes. Filled to the brim with fresh fruit and generously drizzled with maple syrup. Who can resist?
Stuck for time? See our tips below.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Icing sugar – for dusting
- Fresh fruit
- Maple syrup
1. Place the flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl or jug and whisk to a smooth batter.
2. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
3. Set a medium frying pan over a medium heat and heat up a drop of oil.
4. When hot, pour a ladle full of batter into the frying pan and cook each pancake for 1 minute o each side until golden. Keeping them warm in oven as you go.
5. Serve with lemon, sugar, fresh fruit and maple syrup.
Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking paper, wrap in cling film and freeze for up to two months.
Show off your perfectly cooked pancakes by serving on your favourite Blue Italian.